Georgie Badiel for Mod Magazine July/August 2014 | Photographer Timothy Rosado
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
A couple of weeks ago, I told a coworker to be blessed we live in this country. It’s not the best by any means, but considering what’s going on over seas we’re okay. Now all of this is happening. I’m heartbroken. We’re literally in war. I pray for all the protestors who are risking their lives in this trying time. Jesus be a fence.
Polyester 2014, shoot by Arvida Byström.
Black kids are uncomfortable with being stalked and killed. I don’t give a fuck if you’re uncomfortable with people reblogging this shit just because you “come to tumblr for an escape”. This is reality for a lot of people. Grow the fuck up.
Slevin Aaron (Poland) - Secret garden
The emotion photographer Slevin Aaron is dealing with photography for 7 years, creating photos for magazines, books covers, model agencies and many other projects: “It is what I love, the way in which I can show human emotions frozen in the one frame, and this is for me photography, feelings, emotions, nostalgy, happiness and sadness, love and betrayal, life! So I started to create my own world which is not only a reflection of the ideas in my head but also my feelings.”
© All images courtesy of the artist